Thursday, May 31, 2012

Learn Your Lessons in Bass

In case you didn't know my origin story in the world of global bass, it all started at Coachella 2009 when I saw Buraka Som Sistema go CRAZY in the afternoon sun.  I had been getting into the debow'd rhythms hitting the Hype Machine of late but couldn't really put my finger on a specific act/sound that I was being drawn to.  After that sunny day in the desert I knew exactly what I wanted to rock going forward, the pulsating bass combined with wild ass live drums and africanized chants/movements sold me forever on these Portuguese maestros.  Branko is the new and upgraded alias of the groups beat master formerly known as J-Wow (according to the Mad Decent soundcloud he received death threats from various guidos/guidettes so decided to take the high road and find a new meaning in his name);  Going In Hard is his first release under this new moniker.  Jeffree's is giving it away for free along with some top notch remixes from French Fries, Beataucue, and Astronomar and Swick.  Check the previews below and DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment