Tuesday, December 13, 2011

LA Weekly's Top 20 Hair Metal Albums EVER

Last Friday LA Weekly posted a top 20 Hair Metal albums list and here are the top 5:


Now more than half of these albums were recorded and released before my birth so I can't comment on how the scene lived or how fans reacted when these albums came out.  I also unfortunately can't really comment on how hot groupies were or how gnarly shows were down on Sunset in the late 80s.  But I will say that this list is an excellent read and should be checked out by all who are interested in Hair Metal.  More after the jump!

I'm not really sure that I include Guns N' Roses when I talk about hair metal but I will say that Appetite might be the absolute best album of the 1980s period so when I see it top this list it makes me very happy.  But when I really think about hair metal I think about bands like White Lion (#19 Pride), 
Warrant (#10 Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich), Twisted Sister (#13 Stay Hungry), Bon Jovi (#12 Slippery When Wet), Ratt (#9 Out Of The Cellar), and Poison (#6 Look What The Cat Dragged In).  So LA Weekly seems to have gotten it pretty close to right, I'm glad they put this together so people will remember the glory of hair spray, drugs, booze, and partying all night to rock and roll.  Although I would have loved to see Stryper on the list (hahaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment