Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Don't Sleep On Cy Kosis

This dude's been on my radar for a few months now and lemme tell you this, his sound is BIG.  After hearing a few huge remixes and his feature on Jon Kwest's WMC comp last month we here at MTH felt it necessary to contact the dude about some new tuneage.  And he happily obliged!  So check out this mini-interview with Cy Kosis and peep his latest tune below.

Real Name:  Jamaal C. Taylor

Location:
Born in Manhattan and raised in Jamaica, Queens, New York.  I live Los Angeles now
What's your FAV track out right now?
Original Don Flosstradamus remix! THAT SHIT SLAPS
What's your fav adult beverage?
Dogfish head 90 minute IPA  
How do you like your women?
Like I like my coffee ;}, a little cream and alot of sugar.
Other than EDM folks, who is your favorite band/musician?
Justin Beiber!!! Hahaha no really Flying Lotus (Is he EDM?), but in reality that changes every 2 weeks. I love every type of music, I also love Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, Royksopp, Ratatat and Lil' Wayne.
Any upcoming shows you want to promote?
Yes! I'm playing a hipster music festival in Portland at then end of the month called Renn Fayre :}. If you're in Portland come through!!! It's going to be three days of awesome. I'm gna record the mix I do and put it out as free mixtape too so look out for that!!!
So be on the look out for my main man Cy Kosis and check out this brand new EXCLUSIVE track "Rock The Universe".

Make sure to get with this guy on FacebooktumblrYouTube, and soundcloud to keep up to date with his latest efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment