Thursday, April 12, 2012

GN'R Fans are in for a Shock

Since the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame announced in September of last year that Guns N' Roses would be included in its list of 2012 inductees, fans have speculated about the possibilities of the so called Appetite-era members reuniting on stage for one blow out performance.  Well ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't already heard, Axl Rose is putting all those hopes to sleep; in a letter to the Hall (along with the fans and "to whom it may concern") Rose stated yesterday:
I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
This follows weeks of speculation that somehow, no matter what the odds, all parties could set aside the past and make a few million fans long forgotten dream come true.  Wait, did you guys forget this is Axl Rose??  I too had such hopes but in the back of my head knew it would never come true.  In his letter Axl states, "This decision is personal."  I LOVE that!  Lots of friends have called me a fool but to me GN'R IS Axl; so while loyalties are spread between the original members who I also adore, to me personally Axl can do whatever the fuck he wants to.  The man is a genius!  There are glimpses of his psychosis around every corner but I guess that comes with the territory.

GN'R in it's current incarnation is still out playing shows so I side with Axl in his decision to remain absent from the R&RHOF; I agree with him that the Hall (and a lot of fans) are just forgetting the past and completely denying the present.  Do you really think Ron Thal or Buckethead or even Richard Fortus would be anything but a side note in whatever unceremonious plaque or exhibit the Hall enacted?  So while folks are out there criticizing Axl for destroying the band's history or legacy or whatever they wanna call it, to me he's standing up to protect it.  Say what you will about GN'R in 2012 but this band still rocks sold out show after sold out show so I may be among a small crowd of people supporting his decision but I will stand my ground with Axl.


No comments:

Post a Comment