Thursday, June 14, 2012

Up Close And Personal with ESSBEEDEE

In jolly ole England there lives a young man who goes by the name of Sam Ben-David.  But in the world of Moombahton he's known by the alias ESSBEEDEE.  He sent out a call in the Facebook moombahton group asking if anyone would record a vocal drop for his new promo mix and I gladly jumped at the chance to show off my heavy metal growl.  He featured the growl in his mixtape and now that the mix is out, we decided to put together a little interview with the man and showcase his tunes.

MTH - I wanna know what CD is in your car stereo RIGHT NOW!?

SBD - I dont have a car, sold it to pay for dj gear, macbook and all my production equipment. I'd rather take public transport to work and be able to have the tools to make music :-). But if I did have a car it would be Diplo's new EP that just dropped and Tech N9ne's Anghellic, classic in my eyes. 

MTH - What was the last live show you went to as a fan??

SBD -  Last show I went to was Playground at Koko in London. They had the sickest line up !!! Feral Is Kinky, Haezer, Alex Metric, Nadastrom and CROOKERS! Crookers set was epic as always. They have the best sound, every track they play just has that jumpy big Crookers vibe.
MTH - What should folks expect out of an ESSBEEDEE live set?

SBD - People should expect pure 108 BASS!!! I'm in the process of adjusting my dj set up too, i'm a real dj tech addict so i'm gona be busting out all these gadgets i've been collecting :-). 

MTH - What's that one tune right now that gets all the crowds in it to win it??

SBD - That new Justin Bieber dubstep track, shit is hot.

MTH - I'm from America...I've heard british food is god awful.  What's your response? 

SBD - Its not awful.....ITS DISGRACEFUL!!! Haha....British food is ok....but the majority of the time we eat food from other cultures. Some british food is cool.... The one meal that is good is 'Sunday Roast' mmmmmmMMMMmmmmm
MTH - Have you ever been to the US?  If so what was the experience like?  If not, where would you want to visit and why?

SBD - I've been to America a good few times. Mostly to Florida when I was younger to go to Disneyland, seriously that is the best place on Earth! This summer or sometime soon I wana come over and go to Miami, LA, KC, MO when Tech N9ne is there for one of his hometown shows, oh and New York. I wana just come out and go round the country meeting up with all the Moombahton fam and raving at proper big Moombahton nights, like the Massive, Muevelo and Slowed. They all look so cool !!!

MTH - Have you been to Russia?  If so what was your favorite thing?  If not, why the hell haven't you gone?

SBD - Never been, them Russians scare me haha. Strange I was chattin to this girl on Saturday who was from Moscow and she said all the girls out there are super hot and easy? I was like...WHY DONT I LIVE THERE!!! 
MTH - Where in Europe is the dopest place to party down in your opinion?

SBD - Europe has some major parties and festivals; Creamfields, Global Gathering, Wonderland, Exit Fest. The best I have ever been to though is something called The Warehouse Project which is in Manchester (England). Basically every Friday and Saturday each week for 3 months of the year from September to New Years Day.... they turn a massive empty car park into a full blown venue!!!! Imagine like a dingy underground rave, its so cool. They get the biggest DJ's in the world there. Everyone from Annie Mac, Van Buuren, ZabielaCalvin Harris, Nero, Boys Noize, Carl Cox, Aphex Twin....the list goes on. Seriously if you have never been or do one thing when you come to England....GO TO THE WAREHOUSE PROJECT!!! 

MTH - What can folks look forward to from you?  Any upcoming gigs/releases you wanna tell the world about??

SBD - Yeah uhm this Friday (15th June) my track is getting played on BBC Radio!! Its on a show called BBC Introducing which showcases unsigned talent. They are playing my track Walnuts which is a track I did with Walmer Convenience. I love it, its got some classic Tech N9ne, Big L and Big Pun vocal samples in it too. Really happy and blown away by that, being on that show means Im in for a chance to play at festivals on the BBC Introducing stages and it means DJ's from Radio 1 may hear my tracks too. Also I just put out on my Soundcloud my next track 'TTHC' which I hope to release sometime soon, its getting love from everywhere so i'm really happy about that. I'm also in talks with being part of some big compilations coming out soon too. All is secret but trust when I say.....they will be major!!
MTH - Would you like to shout out anyone?

SBD - Shout out to my dog Charlie, been big in the game since day 1. GWANIN CHARLIE!!!

MTH - Last question, are you into this song?

SBD- Haha, cool track but not totally my thing...i'm more into the Nickelback style of things ;-) 

So there you have it!  A little more info about our friend from across the pond, ESSBEEDEE.  Make sure to check him out in the following locales to get more information daily:

facebook
twitter
soundcloud


No comments:

Post a Comment