Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday!

Oh me oh my!  Here we are again ladies and germs, the week is half way through so it's that time once more for our fancy-dancy midweek pull!  This week I'm celebrating the fact that I'm still on vaca, enjoying the rainy ass weather of the PNW for now...oh and did I mention I flubbed my press credentials for EDC by planning my vacation for the same weekend?  Wow, really smart dude...yes I know but alas we must push forward...onward and upward to the latest and greatest that soundcloud has to offer!  Today we have some new tracks from Kid Cedek, Steed Lord, Dos Lobos and more so let's get cracking y'all!

Let's get over the hump with a little 5kinAndBone5...this track is a tad strange, hence the tag "Alien Garage"...plenty of wubs to make me happy enough to share it though so check, check it out!

Next I've got some techy-bass from my MAIN man Bambounou...lovin' the whistle work on this remix for Voltron.  Make sure to grab this full release from Discobelle Records out in two weeks!

Normally I'm not too excited about vocal mixes of moombahton beats, sometimes it can just get too darn busy, but this track from Smash and Grab is an exception. Really diggin' the live instrument work which allows me to tolerate the so-so verse section.  Grab it HERE.

Now something from the homies Dos Lobos...this new remix is a rough and tumble affair, which I always dig. Heavy drums mixed with a funky ass break down about halfway through makes for a real winner.

And now...how about a double dose of trapshit? First off is one from the badest dude from Wisconsin...TEKNiCOLOR. He spammed the hell outta FB over the last 22 hours so I figured I may as well applaud his efforts by taking a listen and by george! This shit ain't bad AT ALL...now you try.

Follow that up with Rot10 Musik's acting Prez Kid Cedek...he's giving this track away in celebration of hitting 3k likes over at his facebook page. If you haven't already, go ahead and add to that total so we can get another giveaway hopefully at 5k!

El Nomada hooked me with his Bub-Rub track a couple of weeks ago so I'm always giving a listen to his stuff now and this one has the four elements I look for: Weird Shit, a heavy kick drum, some originality, and strange bass sounds.

Last up is another hot remix from our LA-via-Iceland friends Steed Lord. MEGA really cooked up something special for this mix of their latest single, Precognition. Grab the full release RIGHT HERE.

That's gonna do it for us for this Wednesday. If you're lucky you'll get your mixtapes for the first time in 3 weeks this Friday. If I'm rained in then I'll for sure do a massive post for you, if it's nice you won't be so lucky. LATER.

QUICK ADD:

2DEEP giving away a quick 108 edit for y'all...check them out next Friday (June 15th) at their monthly residency Muevelo with the AZ Gunslingaz (DJ Melo, Mendez, Riot Earp) as special guests this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment